Guidelines - Grants 2023
The Sarawak Research and Development Council (Sarawak RDC) research funds will cover disciplines in science and technology (excluding digital technology). The Council does not support social sciences, economics, and the arts and humanities, but these may be incorporated into submissions as collaboration and synergistic research activities.
How to apply
Applications are to be completed in English and submitted through the grant management system, RPMON, which is available under Research tab.
Before you begin, take note of these key points:
- Existing recipients of Sarawak RDC grants are ineligible to apply as main applicant
- Proposals which are currently being funded by other grants or similarly themed will not be considered.
- No two or more research teams from same entity should be submitting separate proposals on similarly themed projects. They should instead collaborate and submit one proposal only.
- Sarawak RDC funds are not to be used for capital expenditures (CAPEX), such as purchase of equipment, or construction of buildings.
- The funds must not be used as a means to fund student stipends or hire research assistants in its entirety.
- One application only per applicant. Multiple submissions will be rejected.
- Human capital costs and CAPEX expenses cannot be claimed from the SRDC matching allocation for the SVF matching grant.
Prior to making application, applicants are to review the Sarawak RDC's Research Priority Areas for 2023.